Wednesday, August 15, 2012
I don't like it.
Ever had that instant screw up the nose or hair stand on the back of your neck reaction to something - even if you are completely uneducated about it? Well I have and here is my Top 5 "I don't like it" topics even if I have grown to have a better understanding about them now:
1. Double Cleansing: I cannot get past the idea that if the first cleanser was any good you wouldn't need the second one. Yes, yes I know that if you use heavy superglue style foundations and waterproof mascara these are probably a god send but to me it seems like clever product marketing to have us buy 2 cleansers instead of 1.
2. White lab coats on cosmetic sales people: I must admit I do get my back up at the idea that there are magical medical ingredients in makeup and skincare and that you can trust me because I have a white lab coat on. I'm sorry but if you have to make up a word to explain what your product does then I'm probably going to be suspicious of you.
3. Made up words that sound like real ones: Drives me crazy! We've all seen it though, made up words that sound like real ones and it doesn't only exist in the cosmetic world either (yes Palsonic I am looking at you). At best it is misleading and at worst it is downright deceptive.
4. Our product lasts for 100 hours: I don't need my makeup to last for 24, 48 or 72 hours, you don't actually make any that last that long either so how about we stop with the bullshit claims shall we? There is a great line JFK about how theoretical physics can tell you that you can hang an elephant over a cliff from its tail and I kind of think these people are also responsible for the ridiculous long wearing claims we see on makeup now. And don't even get me started on the mascara claims (let's save that rant for another day).
5. Sheer nail polish: Ok I can accept the french manicure colours being sheer but anything else that's just crazy talk. Do not make a gorgeous shimmery polish only to have it be streaky and sheer with ugly VNL everywhere. In fact this hatred was one of the main reasons I swore off Essie and OPI for so long. I still will not purchase one of their polishes without checking swatches first. Sheer nail polish I hate you so hard!
Well.... that was cleansing and a little awkward lol. But I hates what I hates - logical or not. Am I alone here? Would you like to share- if you do happen to do a blog post about your "dislikes" link it below.
Happy Wednesday my friends
p.s that is actually a picture of my cat Madison yawning but seriously it is perfect no?