Saturday, February 16, 2013

SPARKLE: KBShimmer's Showgirl






It was the beautiful Radha who got me looking at KBShimmer which I purchased from Harlow and Co. I recently made a purchase of 6 colours when they were restocked.

*side note: Indie polish = less to sell = more stalking = delayed gratification of purchases*

I was feeling a bit flat energy-wise after a full week at work (oh woe is me lol) and decided I needed something to spark me up. Enter KBShimmer's Showgirl polish which is described on Harlow and Co's site as:

"... this polish starts with a semi-sheer base of black. Deep enough to cover in two coats, but sheer enough that the glitters can show through. We then add medium sized rose glitter, a small fuchsia, pink holographic glitter, and square sliver glitter. Black holo glitter, black shred and black hex glitters complete this polish. "




When I swatched this shade I realised it was a little sheer for me to wear alone (I do hate that VNL) so I used one coat of Rimmel's 60 seconds polish in Black Out (I hate the brush on this polish) underneath. Then I did 2 coats of Showgirl followed by 1 coat of top coat. I love the effect and this polish applied like a dream.

KBShimmer polishes retail for $9 on Harlow and Co and that site offers free international shipping for purchases over $50 USD.

Have you tried any KBShimmer polishes?

Jacx


3 comments: