I'm not sure if I have mentioned on here previously that I hate hype. When something is "must have" and everyone is going bonkers over it I walk in the other direction as quickly as possible. It's fair to say that this polish has a lot of hype surrounding it and being that I am actually not a fan of red polish generally (I blame the 80s) I had very little interest in Ruby Pumps. I was also under the impression from swatches that this was a glitter. So
- I was wrong - this is not a glitter
- this is a very pretty polish - even when you aren't a fan of red.
This polish is a bit of a perfect storm:
- China Glaze brushes and bottles are great.
- The formula on this one is easy to apply and opaque in 2 coats.
- It wears really well. Mine didn't chip for at least 3-4 days.
- The shimmer particles you see in the bottle totally translate to the nail.
All pictures here are taken with 2 coats and no top coat in natural light (some in direct sunlight to show the flecks better)
So in summary - love this polish, it's worth every penny and it's a hyped product for good reason - it's gorgeous.