Thursday, November 11, 2010

I'm Smitten - a LUSH review


I should start this by saying I have dry skin and I feel it makes my hands look much older than they are. So while I was in LUSH the other day madly smelling everything I could get my nose near, I decided to give one of their hand creams a go. I'm not sure why I picked Smitten.... apart from it's description...

Chamomile, beeswax and coconut oil all go into our fabulously popular marzipan-scented hand cream. All you need is a small dab of this unctuous lotion to completely nourish your hands.


I now been using this for a couple of weeks and happily report that I love this hand cream! The scent is very heavy on the almond...as you would expect... but I find that comforting rather than off putting. I also notice the scent mellows very quickly meaning if you don't love almond scents it's still ok. The cream itself feels thick and nourishing (I think that's more a mental thing) but rubs in easily...and is slightly cooling (a great feeling for dry sore hands).

As you can see from the pic above, this comes in a black tub making it easy to get your mitts into - and can be used as one of the 5 black pots you take back to LUSH for a free fresh face mask (I did my first back to LUSH when I  picked this one up as well).

The results:
I have found my hands look and feel a lot less dry since I started using it and that makes for a very happy me. I personally use this every night when I get into bed after smacking on all my night creams lol. I could totally see this becoming my go to hand cream at work as well - although I tend to be a bit hit and miss with remembering to use something at work regularly.

What else should you know?
If you are considering this for work just keep in mind that it does take a minute or so to fully absorb (well at least it does on me). I certainly would not call it greasy, it's just that you can feel a layer on your skin while it is being absorbed. Personally that doesn't bother me (nourish those dry hands please) but I would be remiss in not mentioning it.


How much do I get and how much does it cost?
A 100ml tub retails for $17.50 AUD.

Where can you try some?
Lush stores or online

No comments:

Post a Comment