Monday, April 4, 2011
TAG I wish I hadn't bothered...
The inspiration for this post came from a nail disaster from Saturday night. You know those products you were super super excited to get your hands on but for whatever reason were complete fails in person... this is a tag for those products. Here are 5 I wish I had stayed away from...
1. Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara - Now you know I love my Emilynoel but I hate this mascara. I honestly only purchased it because she said it was so awesome and that was totally my choice so I am not bagging her (love her) or it. This mascara doesn't work for me for 2 reasons... my wand is floppy and the formula is wet. Combine a floppy wand that gives no resistance with a wet formula and what do you get? Well what I got was mascara all over my eyelid and oil slick lashes (you know where they stick together because there is too much product so you look like you have 5 lashes).
2. Essie Nail Polish in Pop Art Pink - again I did my homework before purchasing and this looked like an opaque pink jelly. Now on me it looked like this -
3. Seche Vite - this has to be the MOST hyped nail product going around. So I saved my shekels and got myself a bottle. As far as top coats go, at best it is average. Everyone says "oh your nail polish will last so much longer" well in my experience it's actually the opposite. My polish chips from the edges almost immediately which I find baffling as my nails don't chip easily. Killer shine but overall it's a complete fail.
4. Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy Rides Again - not even the packaging can save this eyeshadow. Don't be fooled by it's neutral gorgeousness, it's a complete glitter bomb and when I say glitter I mean glitter NOT shimmer. So disappointed.
5. Bonne Bell moisture lip balm with UV filters - so I was having a trip down memory lane in Priceline the other day when I picked this one up. This was my high school makeup item. I have clear memories of my Bonne Bell inside my uniform pocket at school all through years 11 and 12. I have no idea what happened but this tastes like perfume... and not a fresh fruity floral...it's old lady perfume. Yuck.
Now if you've read down to here consider yourself tagged ... I want to know what didn't work for you.