Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Burberry Brit Sheer - a review

This has been reposted from my livejournal...

Earlier this year while in Melbourne I discovered the Perfume Connection. They do a fabulous deal where you can buy a 15ml atomizer and fill it with pretty much any fragrance they have for $15. I purchased three and have finished my first one just today - it was filled with Burberry Brit Sheer.



I should preface my review by saying that I personally prefer lighter fruity fragrances and that what I know about perfume could fit on the back of a postage stamp. I find oriental scents cloying and often they will irritate me to the point of feeling unwell. That being said... I like what I like and I like this fragrance very much.

Firstly let's start with the packaging - it's pink and white plaid in a rectangle shaped bottle...hmmm... nothing special there... just very Burberry. It's not offensive but neither is it a Lolita Lempicka or Marc Jacobs Daisy that might inspire a purchase by looking at the bottle alone.

I couldn't find this perfume on Burberry's website so I found a description of the fragrance notes on fragrantica. According to that site the notes are pineapple, litchi, mandarin orange, yuzu, white musk and resins.

What that all means to me... when I first spray this perfume it definitely hits as both fruity and floral. I agree with other reviews that there is nothing unique in this that stands out as the most defining note but it is entirely pleasant. Mostly what I notice is that it really doesn't change on me... what I spray on is what I can smell for hours... and this lasts for hours. Now that I know the notes I think I can smell the mandarin orange as well as the white musk... perhaps that is why it smells both fruity and floral simultaneously to me... or perhaps it's all in my head. lol

I would recommend this to anyone who wants a light smelling perfume that lasts all day. Obviously there are a large number of fragrances in this fruity floral category... what makes this one unique for me is that the more I use it the more I like it... my personal experience is usually the opposite so that is a BIG DEAL (to me). As such I just lashed out and got myself a 50ml bottle from Myer.

My only concern now is that because it isn't listed on Burberry's website that it was limited edition or they have stopped making it -eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment